IETab: The Internet Explorer compatibility tab for Chrome

Older Cisco and HPE gear provides web interfaces that just don't work any more with modern versions of Firefox or Chrome. This isn't a massive deal: the preferred way to set up an old Cisco 3560 switch is to use the command line via a serial cable anyway. The Integrated Lights Out stuff on older HPE gear is a little more problematic.

Enter the Chrome Internet Explorer extension: IETab

To get around this, there is a great Chrome extension called IETab. Installation is simple and it works superbly!

Here it is - enabling me to use the web interface on my office 3560, which is great as I can now enable POE where I need it.

I will eventually work out how to use the CLI on the Cisco (I need some fancy VLAN stuff happening on there) but for now, we're golden.

Popular posts from this blog

Tailscale ate my network (and I love it)

That magical word: Workstation

Time machine: Solaris 2.6 on QEMU